Daily Bible Reading:
- Day 1: 1 Thessalonians 4
- Day 2: 1 Thessalonians 5
- Day 3: 2 Thessalonians 1
- Day 4: 2 Thessalonians 2
- Day 5: 2 Thessalonians 3
Memory Verse: 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4
Bible Study: 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Study Topic: The Man of Lawlessness
- Did everyone read all five chapters?
- What application points did you find?
- Have someone take requests and lead prayer.
- Have someone tell the story or paraphrase.
- Have someone read the Bible passage.
- Have someone facilitate the Bible study using the weekly discussion questions.
Weekly Discussion Questions:
- Do you think we are living in the last days before the return of Christ? Why or why not? How can we know if we are in the last days?
- In our text, Paul answered questions and concerns the Thessalonians had about the return of Christ. As believers, do we need to be concerned about missing the return of Christ? Why or why not?
- What two things did Paul say must happen before Christ’s return (v. 3)? What does Paul mean when he refers to “the falling away” or “the rebellion?” Do you think this falling away has already started? Why or why not?
- What characteristics of the Antichrist did Paul describe as “the man of lawlessness” (v. 3b-4)? Who will the Antichrist proclaim himself to be?
- Paul spoke of a force that “is restraining” the Antichrist for now (v. 6-7). Who or what do you think this force is? When do you think this force will be taken “out of the way?” What happens when the restraining force is taken away?
- What fate awaits the Antichrist at the return of Christ (v. 8)? Whose power is associated with this man of lawlessness and in what ways (v. 9)?
- Who will fall under the “wicked deception” of the Antichrist (v. 10a)? What two important things did “those who are perishing” refuse to do (v. 10b)?
- What does it mean to “love the truth?” If you refuse to love truth, why are you likely “to believe what is false?” What will happen to “all” who refuse to believe the truth but have pleasure in unrighteousness (v. 12)? How does your life show your love the truth? Is there any sin to confess in this area?
- What must you do to be ready for the return of Christ? If He returned today, what would be your greatest regret? What would be your greatest delight?
Prayer: Let’s pray today that our love for truth and for Christ will grow more each day as we draw nearer to His return.